Radstock Town 2 Warminster Town 2

Under the unusually warm October sun, there was much at stake for both sides. Warminster started the day in 4th place, with Radstock just one point behind. Warminster, a side with key players out through injury, brought in former striker Francois Allen to help out. Both sides contested well, and the game ended 2-2.

The home side started strongly and went close inside 2 minutes, hitting the post and setting the tone of their intentions. 2 minutes later, a free-kick was sent just over the visitor’s crossbar. Warminster were not to be overawed by this early attack from Radstock. Seviour, in the 7th minute, saw his header from Allen’s cross go just wide of the left-hand post. Moments later, excellent work between Wain and McKay saw the latter’s shot cleared off the line by Radstock.

With just over a quarter of an hour gone, Miluk forced Radstock’s keeper into a save. Other opportunities came for Warminster, with Allen and McKay both getting closer to opening the scoring. Surprisingly it remained goalless when the halftime whistle blew.

The opening goal came remarkably quickly in the second half. With just 20 seconds on the clock, Allen chased a through ball, collected it, and charged into the 18-yard box. Firing past the keeper, Allen got the goal he deserved after his first-half efforts. Radstock evened up the score in the 56th minute when their striker broke through the centre backs and fired home into the right of the goal.

The game ebbed and flowed, with Warminster still creating more chances when on 76 minutes, Mckay drove into the penalty area from the left, slipped the ball to Seviour, who, from 12 yards out, left-footed the ball home to make it two for Warminster. 

The lead, though, was short-lived. A minute later, Radstock crossed from the left, and the ball was headed home by an unmarked player, just a few yards out from the centre of the goal. Radstock went close again on 84 minutes when Thomson had to produce an excellent save to prevent the goal. 

Warminster will be disappointed not to have taken all 3 points, but in the end, a draw has moved them into third place in the league table. The next match will be another away trip on Saturday, October 16th, when they travel to Wells City.

Team: Thomson, Pollock, Cockerell, Jeffery, Lisowski, Churchyard, Miluk, Seviour, Allen, McKay, Wain

Subs: (Used) Johnson L, Atkins, Ball

(Unused) Monteith, Chenery-Bowden

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *